Cooking ginisang ampalaya is very tricky. Sometimes you end up with a very bitter taste, but there is a technique for that. Some people prefer bitter taste and some don't.
- 2 pieces whole amplaya
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- 2 pcs eggs
- 1 pc tomato sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- cooking oil
- Cut the ampalaya in half and clean the inside by scooping it with a spoon.
- Slice into pieces.
- Saute onion and garlic.Add the tomato.
- Add the amplaya and cover it without stirring for 3 minutes or until ampalaya is translucent green ( it prevents it from getting bitter).
- While ampalaya is cooking, beat the eggs. Add some salt.
- Salt and pepper the ampalaya and add the eggs. Stir until eggs are cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.